Monday 23 March 2009

Everything is still quiet on the web design front so I thought I would have a look around to see what new articles are about that might answer a few questions that have come my way recently. I have long been a fan of Rick Maybury's Bootcamp in the Telegraph newspaper so that was my first stop.

He, like me, has picked up that people are not replacing their computers just because some new kit has come out and has written a series of articles that help you to extend the life of your computer. You will find all the articles drawn together into one article together with a PDF version you can download to work from here.

I have also added another article from Mr Maybury that you might be interested in. It is an introduction to Windows 7 the new operating system from Microsoft you will find that one here.

A lot of small businesses are thinking about trying to expand their customer base by selling on line. I have added an article from my ISP about hosting your web site that will go a long way to answering some of the questions you may have about where you put your site, what it will cost and how to get started. You will that article here.

This coming week everything has ground to a halt here at Omega Cottage as the council are busy installing me a downstairs loo. The mess and brick dust has to be seen to be believed but Jackie and I both feel it will be a big help once it is up and running. However while the power keeps going on and off there won't be much work done at my computer and Jackie's Internet competitions are just not getting done so I guess we won't be flying off to far away places this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment