Monday 20 April 2009

My new file server is physically up and running but it took me a lot longer to adapt the hardware to fit in the new case than I had planned for so it is still running on Vista Business not MS Server. The new case is much quieter than the old one and, as I have used a new motherboard, the old server is still available for me to experiment with as I have never had much to do with any of Microsoft's Server applications.
The next stage in the rebuild is to move the FTP server and the network hub to the data case. That will be a slow job as it involves a fair amount of crawling about under desks and I am not very good at doing that these days.
Right on with this week. Two customers waiting for me to commission new bits of kit for them, JD needs to visit the optician for a new lens the hospital say she doesn't need more surgery on her left eye) and all the other routine day to day jobs to do. I am beginning to understand why my Dad used to say "I don't know how I found time to go to work", after he retired.
Talking of retirement, I have 23 days left till I officially retire. I'm not sure that all my long term customers are going to be happy about that but I am looking forward to slowing down as even with the help of the physio I am struggling to do what I need to do on a day to day basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment