Thursday 20 August 2009

Milo in trouble - again


Three weeks ago we took Milo to the vet to have a wart taken from his left eye. According to our vet it was a simple procedure that should take about ten days to heal. Milo in a bucket is not a nice animal to have around. He is so clumsy that his bucket looks as if it has been run over by a tank and the walls and doors around our home look as it has been the site of a demolition derby. As you can see Milo is a Chocolate Labrador. They are not the most graceful of dogs at the best of times, add a bucket and you have a lethal moving object. He has knocked us off our feet more than once and we are covered with bruises from the edges of the bucket. Thankfully when we took him to the vet this morning, Aunty Margret (our vet) confirmed that the ulcer is at last beginning to heal.
With everyone away on holiday it is very quiet here with no books or scripts needing work. However I do have a web site request from a firm that has rebuilt our conservatory roof, replaced the windows and generally tidied up and refurbished the whole conservatory. The firm is Calder Windows and I can thoroughly recommend their services and workmanship. You will find their website (draft version) at http://www.calderwindows.co.uk.
While things are quiet I am adding some more templates to my templates page. I have downloaded 20 or so new templates that I think folks may find interesting and give them some ideas of what their web site may look like. Over the next few days I will add them to my site and you can browse through them.
It is the time of year when I go looking at prices for car insurance. I was directed to the SAGA web site and the quote it gave was very attractive, almost £70 less than Direct Line's quote. The way SAGA quote is you give them the registration number of your vehicle and they identify it from a database based on the DVLA one that is used by most if not all of the Insurance companies to guard against fraud. The database identified my vehicle as a Vauxhall Combo Tour 2000 CDTI. There is and never has been such a vehicle as Vauxhall confirmed when I rang them. SAGA couldn't or wouldn't believe that this mistake had been made and insisted on trying to insure my vehicle as a combo panel van. AS that quote came in at over £400 pounds and was again for the wrong vehicle, I gave up, gave Direct line a ring, told them what had happened and got them to reduce my quote for renewal by £40. The lesson from this tale is check carefully any legal documents you are sent as anything based on a computer is not infallible, it is just as likely to be wrong as something produced by a human being.

No comments:

Post a Comment