Friday 16 October 2009

Windows 7

Windows 7 is released to the general public on Thursday 22nd October. I have been asked many times if it is any good?, Should I update?, Should I wait for SP1?, Do I need it?, etc, etc.
To try to answer some of these questions I have written a web page all about Windows 7 that I hope will answer most if not all of these questions. To do it I have trawled the web to find relevant articles, forums and blogs that all throw light on what Windows 7 is and, more importantly, what it is not. The forums give you a cross section of the questions people are asking about Windows 7 and some of the answers. The blogs are by the team who built Windows 7 and some of the people involved in its testing.


You can find the Windows 7 page here omega-cottage.com

Octreotide

I am now one week into the trial of Octreotide and to date I have no symptoms of dumping[1]. I do have a new side effect though. The amount of food I can eat at one sitting is now much smaller than it was before the injections began. This is a return to how my stomach was immediately after the op. This may be a good thing as I have grown a bay window. If I can only eat very small portions I may just lose weight and some inches off my waist line.

I also have a new blood meter. My old one was showing signs of age so I rang up to buy a new one. I was told I didn't need to buy a new one, I could have one free plus I could have the download cable to connect it to my computer and the software to record and analyse my daily blood results. Well I have never been one to say no to a free gadget so I now have an internet connected blood meter - whatever will the boffins come up with next?

[1] Dumping is when, after eating, your pulse races, you sweat profusely, you feel faint or dizzy, your blood sugar rises and you are sometimes sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment